Saturday, November 29, 2008

Baklava

Baklava. From how I see this dessert, it is a variation of the galaktoboureko substituting custard with nuts. Most of the time, people uses macadamia, walnuts and pistachio. Don't use peanuts k. haha. I always had an impression before I came to Adelaide that nuts should be relatively cheap over here in Australia. But let me tell you, this is definitely not the case!!. Its still so expensive. Costed me near to 30 bucks to make this dessert. haha. But at least it turned out fine. Tada~~~ Well, not too bad considering its my second try making it. (I burned by first one by leaving it in the oven unattended..haha). Well, if I were to make it again, I would do the adjustment below.

1) More filo.
2) Thicker nut layers and coarser grain
3) Gonna cut before I bake for better presentation
4) Gonna fry the but into a moist mixture. Not sure how I am gonna do this. Most probably with sugar syrup and honey. hehe.

And christmas is coming!!!. I wonder how will I celebrate it this yr....

1 comment:

WhitetulipS said...

haha.. u know how 2 make that? i got it from my office few mths ago.. YUuuuuuuuuumy!.. and super expensive!! u can mk it when u cm bk.. got new oven d.. :P