Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bak Zhang !!!!!!

I missed Bak Zhang so so much... spent the whole night yesterday trying to make Bak Zhang. Haha. Wasn't that bad for my first attempt. Still edible. I regret omitting so many of the required ingredients

No Lap Cheong (too expensive)
No Three Layer Pork (Didn't buy)

The taste is kinda different without this two ingredients.

I took the opportunity to try out 4 different seasoning.


The sticky rice was soak in water the night before

I never know that it is this tough to tie it...took me a few try to come up with the right way

Tada..I'm so proud of myself..:p...See my first one doesn't turn out to be a square

Managed to finish cooking all the Bak Zhang I make by 6 o'clock in the morning. Got up in the afternoon to try my Bak Zhang.

Wah~~~~

Well, the result wasn't that bad. The Cha Siu Bak Zhang is a total failure. Tasteless. The rest was alright. Still, there is a lot of room for improvement. Miss my lup cheong lerrr.....

No comments: