Saturday, May 26, 2007

Missed Soup so much~~~

Seriously, in my opinion, soup is one of the hardest dish to cook. I have always been bad with soup and in a year, I can actually count the number of time I cooked soup with my ten fingers...:p....Last year, once in a while, I still get to drink soup for dinner at my work place where my boss usually have soup for dinner (but I quited the job) and my fren yen yoong invite my over to drink soup too sometimes (She cooked very nice soup). Since I haved moved out from my old place, no soup now for me..TT...sad. Anyway, yesterday, finally, I decided to have soup for dinner. Got the recipe from the book I'm reading stated in my previous post. Its called the Chicken Dumpling Soup. Here's the ingredient for it.

Ingredient

Dumpling
300g of minced chicken
150g of minced pork
2 tbsp of garlic chives
2 red bird's eye chillies or 1 dry chilli
3 spring onion, finely sliced
1 tsp of light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of white pepper
dumpling skins

Soup
50g dried rice-stick noodles
chicken stock
2 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce
80g of wood ear
1/2 of white pepper

See what I mean, just by looking at the ingredient kinda discourage one to make one.

Okie. Combine the chicken and pork in a mixing bowl and work the mixture with your hands for several minutes until it become slightly elastic which will helps the filling to hold together. Add the remaining ingredients apart from the dumpling skins and mix thoroughly.

Lay the dumpling skins out on a bench. Place the filling in the centre of each one and lightly brush the edges with water. Bring the edges together to create half moon shapes and press the edges shut.
Meanwhile, cover the noodles with boiling water and leaves for a minute or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water so that the noodle doesn't stick together. Place the dumplings in a steamer for 8 mins. At the sametime, bring the chichken stock, oyster sauce and soy sauce to boil in a medium sized pot. Taste for seasoning. When the stock boils add the rice noodles, and woodear, then remove from heat. Divide the dumplings and soup evenly between serving bowls and garnished with spring onions.

lalalala~~~~~

2 comments:

WhitetulipS said...

soup is one of the easiest dish to cook.. jz boil the water, add the chicken stock, n throw watever u want inside.. vege, herbs, seaweed.. anything!

^chinfatt^ said...

haha...yeah..tats one way...