Sunday, June 10, 2007

That time of the year :(

Haven't updated this blog for quite a while...exam is coming so I don't really have time to cook. Daily supplement is like cereal+ dinner or instant noodles + dinner or biscuits + dinner...sigh....
This is a dish I cooked yesterday night. The fried fish doesn't exactly come out as I expected it to be. Most probably I used a wrong kind of fish. I used a salmon trout for this dish. If possible, i would recommend barramundi. But I am happy with the gravy that I made. Its very appetizing

Ingredient
Fillet fish (preferably firm flesh fish)
2 egg white

300g of corn flour

some crunchy vegetable like asparagus or chinese brocolli

2.5 cm of ginger(grinded)

1 cloves of garlic(grinded)

5-6 dried red chillies

100 ml of shaoxing wine

100 ml of oyster sauce

100 ml of Chicken Stock

1) Heat the vegetable oil.

2) Dip the fish fillet in egg whites and then toss in rice flour, shaking off any excess.

3) Fried the fish for 2 to 3 mins untl crisp and golden brown.

4) Allow the fish to drain on paper towel.

5) Heat the oil in a wok and add ginger, garlic and chillies.

6) Stir fry until fragrant( 1-2 mins?)

7) Add in some vegetable (silk melon or asparagus? I used a different kind in my dish. As long as it is crunchy, its fine) and cook until everything is slightly charred

8) Add the Shao xing wine, oyster sauce and chicken stock and simmer until reduced and thickened
9) Mixed the fried fish with the gravy and served.

While I was cooking...I was thinking that the fish might taste better if I add some shortening to my flour before I tossed with the fish. just a thought..not sure will it work.

Btw....readers can try guessing what is name of the dished I posted below. Will review the answer in my next post.

1 comment:

^chinfatt^ said...

The answer is sweet and sour pork...LOL...doesn't even look like one...haha