Thursday, May 24, 2007

Soy Sauce Braised Pork

I still remembered that it was during the end of 2005 before I came to Australia that my brother and I learned this dished from my mum over the telephone. Haha. This dish is one of the frequent dish that I used to eat during my childhood. I like the egg the most because the skin has the taste of the soy sauce over it. Here's how you make this dish

Ingredients

500g Three layered pork
4 eggs
Soy sauce
Dark soy sauce
Sugar
Pepper
Sesame oil
1 clove of garlic


  1. Slice the three layer pork and marinate it with soy sauce, dark soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil and a dash of sugar for 30 mins.
  2. Washed the garlic and keep it aside. At the same time, hard boiled three to four eggs for 20 mins
  3. Fried the marinated pork and garlic with some oil for 5 mins. Add the boiled eggs, water, more soy sauce and dark soy sauce to change the colour.
  4. Taste to see if it is too salty since this depends on personal preferences. Add more soy sauce if you feel that it is not salty.
  5. Braised for 45 mins
  6. Done.....:p...
Currently Reading:
..........a very nice book~~~

1 comment:

Yan Wen said...

is this braised pork similiar to Singapore's kway chup sauce? looks super delicious!